Peter’s work is about the fragile lines between existing leftovers of humanity and nature that is reclaiming lost spaces. He creates images that look like pure natural elements, but can be interpreted as human interference which is – after certain time- overruled by nature again. Elements such as ruins or decline in general, the transience of human interventions and the playful tension between light and shadow are important aspects of his visual world.
In a lot of his works, nature is displayed in its rough, strong or dramatic forms. This powerful, uncontrollable and wild elements of nature are fascinate him. That’s why the creation of an image usually starts with a brief sketch and then continues evolving by using the unpredictability of the moment of drawing and painting itself. The basic element of all interesting things, is very often the presence – or a dialogue between – contrast and harmony whenever it’s presented in the absence or presence of light, shape or structure. Most certain, in two-dimensional work this exists in the way of drawing, use of color, etc.
The biggest amount of artworks are create by using lithography. Not only is it a nice medium to create a spontaneous and fast edition, its also a very physic technique, in which the artist can completely disappear while working. The specific characteristics of the technique influence the image strongly and give the opportunity to create a very personally unique language.
“I know i achieved what i wanted when people stop for a second in their daily routine and look at my works. I would like to create a moment of fascination for my audience. When it touches them, moves them, I know it’s right.”
About the artist
°1994 (Wilrijk)Antwerp, Belgium
Based in Schoten, Belgium.
2017 graduated Master degree in Printmaking – Fine Arts at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp, Belgium.
2017 – 2019 Assistant Printmaking at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp
2018 – 2019 Teacher Printmaking at Academie Arendonk.
- Billboard Project: Quarantaine Editie, Antwerp, Belgium
- Gallerie Solo, Antwerp, Belgium
- International selection at Atelier Ingrid Ledent, Shanghai, China
- Museum De Reede, Antwerp, Belgium
- International Masters Printmaking Exhibition KoMASK, Antwerp, Belgium
- “Signatuur”, Badhuis, Antwerp, Belgium
- “Loodwit”, Toerisme Vlaanderen, Brussels, Belgium
- “Peter De Boeck”, at Tersago – Dedecker Antwerp, Belgium
- “Splitgraphic 8th international graphic art biennal”, Split, Croatia
- “Kraljevska akademija lepih umetnosti Antverpen” Galerija Fakulteta Likovnih Umetnosti, Serbia
- “Gravure/proposition 2” Galerie des Beaux-Arts, Liège, Belgium
- “The Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp” at Akademia Sztuk Pięknych w Katowicach, Katowice, Poland
- International Academic Printmaking Alliance Invitational Exhibition, Forbidden City, Beijing, China,
- “4 Expo’s” at ‘Ruimte 34’, Cobdenstraat 34 Antwerp
- Voorstelling lentenummer GIERIK & NVT, Antwerp, Belgium
- “ARIA” (Antwerp Research Institute for the Arts) at Stadsfeestzaal Antwerp, Belgium
- “WHO ARE OUR HEROES THIS YEAR?”, at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp, Belgium
- Impact 9, The International Printmaking Conference”, Zhejiang Art Museum in Hangzhou, China
- “Expo Frans Dille Prize 2015” Plantyn Moretus Museum Antwerp, Belgium
- “7th international Lithographic Symposium 2015”, Tidaholm, Sweden
- 2018 1st prize International Masters Printmaking Jury Award KoMASK 2018, Antwerp, Belgium
- 2017 Award Peto Urzua, Antwerp, Belgium
- 2015 1e Audience Prize “Startersprize”, Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp, Belgium
- 2014 2th Audience Prize “Startersprize”, Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp, Belgium
- 2 works included in the collection Senefelder Stiftung, Germany
- Collection of the Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp